Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Trepidation

Though the night is nearly over, my eyes are open wide
I'm sitting by the window gazing at the rain outside
as I'm sitting by my window knowing sleep will never come
I'm wondering what's out there, within the coming months

My old life now is over, the new has not yet begun
tonight no sleep approaches and I wonder what's to come
I'm nervous if the truth be known, of shadows and half formed thought
the future is a blank page while the past is dead and gone

Everything is changing, too tenuous to grasp
am I planning for the future? Or chasing shadows of the past?
though I'm tired and I'm aching, I know sleep's not gonna come
as I'm sitting by the window waiting for the rising sun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home