Saturday, December 11, 2004

Idle thoughts...

Death to Club Trop

My image of choice - for the moment at least,
is torching my work before dancing in glee
its not really arson, its more.. self defence
I'm claiming my evenings and weekends again
give me a blowtorch - those curtains must go
this shouldnt take long, i'll just set it on low
then head for the bar still admiring the flames
inventing excuses to write on the claims
I'll take home the brandy - its too good to waste
sometimes its a crime to be burdened with taste
I'll tear down the posters - they'll help the place burn
Guilty? Not I!
Note the face of concern...
Think of the favour I'm doing the public
no more crap bands playing trite dodgy music
the venue's infested with roaches and rats
and management... dont get me started on that
I'm doing a service - no-one can condemn me
as I lay to rest manchester academy.

...The things you do during a quiet moment on a crap student night eh?!

Recovering

Sitting 'neath the broken boughs
safe if gravity allows
suspension of my hopes and fears
reflecting on the passing years
look above and see the sky
my mind is vacant - I wont cry
no point asking what went wrong
just pack it up and move along.

The Net

Don’t need no man to make me smile
Don’t need much cash to play
I’ve found the thing that heals my heart
That takes my cares and woes away

Skipping meals and losing sleep
No need to be concerned
Online I’ve friends I’ll never meet
At least to them I‘ll always turn

Playing with the world wide web
I find more things each day
Who cares about the world outside
Its fun in here I want to stay

Sensible erection
And other sites unnamed
Everybody knows them
But we hide the files and pass the blame

B3ta and Blogger,
Weebl-stuff and more
I’ve weird sites by the dozen
And art sites by the score

Pretty pics and wondrous tales
With Google as the key
A portal to the life I love
Safe in this virtual reality

(yeah, I know the last bit doesn't 'feel' right, but I'll sort it one day - feeling a bit too brain dead right now, it'll have to suffice)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home