Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Pre-wedding Jitters

I'm sitting here counting the minutes and days
a whole change of life only 1 week away
what if I'm wrong, where the hell can I run
...Better calm down, relax, he's the one.

He's smart and he's funny, considerate and kind,
but this is so big - its the rest of my life!
marry in haste and repent at your leisure,
a life time of pain for a moment of pleasure.

What was I thinking? Where was my mind?
take a deep breath, count to 10, now I'm fine.
So the hen night was pants, went the way of the pear
it wasn't an omen, I shouldn't despair

I knew right away that the timing was right
there's no logical reason for me to take flight
my very best friend is the love of my life
and nothing will stop me becoming his wife.

See, this was a poem I wrote to try and prove to both myself and my husband to be that it was all in my head, since we're now waiting on the last bit of our legal seperation in order to commence divorce proceedings...

The song that Trisha helped me write for the wedding itself... well - it sounds better than it reads is all I can say to that:

Song for Stu

It never snows around here
All we get is rain
Its been a while since the sun shone down
But despite all this
When you’re around
It’s always bright

It always seems to be cold
Money's always tight
Can’t remember when we last went out
But despite all this
When you’re around
I always smile

All those stupid guys I dated
In their arms I felt alone
All those hours that I wasted
Thinking that I was in love
I would be lost if I didn’t have you...
Why is that so hard to see?

It sometimes takes a long time
But it’s worth the wait
We still argue and I still complain
But despite all this
‘Cause you’re around
It’s all ok.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home