Sunday, May 28, 2006

A challenge!

I saw this today on a cfs poetry blog:

Kidnapped

My body has been kidnapped,
Parts of my memory too.
By a very cunning thief
Disguised from Dr.'s view.

He replaced me with a shadow
Of the former self I knew.
So, as not to raise alarm
Of the goods that he accrued.

He disguised himself, completely
As he entered through my door.
Taking all he wanted, then,
Squeezing me for more.

A most deceiving enemy,
This illness can it be.
For, not so very long ago,
It kidnapped me from me.

And it reminded me of a conversation I had via email a while back. Someone asked me why I don't write about my illness, the truth is - because I have a blog dedicated to whinging about it, the thought never crosed my mind to put it in lyric form.
I fail to see how I could express it more perfectly than that so I may never bother, but then again... I might.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home