Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Love? Don't talk to me about love...

For every woman
There’s only one man
He’ll give your life meaning
Like nothing else can
For every guy
There is only one girl
And for him she’ll become
The true heart of his world

This I was taught
And this I believed
Wasted years of my life
Trying to make it real
I’ve met so many guys
Whom I thought were ‘the one’
I’ve tried so many times
My belief has now gone

For every season
The pattern must change
An ongoing cycle
Of sunshine and rain
For every liaison,
The timing is wrong
The start is too sudden
Suddenly it’s all gone.

And yet still I find myself wanting the dream... bizarre huh? Maybe someone should try an experiment along the lines of 'the truman show' Bring up a bunch of kids without any knowledge of societys ideals regarding love and marriage... what would they turn out like? How would this be possible? Lets face it - everything we do is ultimately geared towards finding a mate, settling down and raising at least one or two ankle biters.
Hmmm... perhaps I should think on this some more and post to my main blog... we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home